Monday, February 18, 2013

Getting Serious

After Proving Grounds I started to think a lot more about getting rather serious with drifting.  It's just way too much fun, and the whole Honda scene was slowly becoming a thing of the past for me.  I still had my yellow civic which was sitting in a storage almost all year.  The flywheel bolts backed out on me on it and caused one hell of a mess.  Out of anger with all the major issues that car was having and what little enjoyment I've gotten out of it I decided to sell the car, I wanted it gone so bad I settled for a couple grand less then what I wanted for the thing.  This was for the better tho, now I could focus on just the one car, and use the money from selling to civic for some much needed parts.

I placed an order for an AEM EMS stand alone along with an Innovate MTX-L wideband.  A bunch of people might think it was stupid of me to order that out of nowhere like this but I have good reason.  This is something I can put on the car and use while I work up the funds to afford a better turbo setup and cams, then of course later down the road look at building the engine.

The other big investment I made right away was call up Joe @ 515 Customs to make plans for a cage.  I got a copy of the Formula D rulebook to go over cage requirements and drew up a design...That's when it hit me...My stock passenger seatbelt won't clear the cage, i was going to need a harness for it, but I'm not the type to run a harness on a stock seat so I needed a seat now too.  I figured this would be something important to have before doing the cage as it would affect the door bar clearance so I quickly jumped on placing an order for a seat and sliders.  I decided to go with a Sparco Evo 2 Plus as this will be a little more comfy for a bigger passenger.

I bought some bride sliders for the seat that way it would match my driver seat.  They came with awesome Japanese instructions too!
Got the seat installed after about an hour...I work really slow sometimes.  And then had the girlfriend test it out.  Needless to say, she loved it and was really happy I finally got around to improving the safety for her when she rides with.
Right after that, the next day there was the annual 515 Get Down car show, I made sure to make an appearance with Igna.




No comments:

Post a Comment