Wednesday, December 4, 2013

JDM DVD Madness!

With winter now here and drift events being over for a while, I've decided that I've got a little extra cash I can put towards cool little things I've been wanting.  One of these things happens to be Video Option DVDs.  I'm a huge fan of D1 and watch it all the time on youtube, so why not get the DVD and be able to watch it all the time? After all it seams like the ones on youtube keep getting caught for copyright infringement and get removed.  I'm tired of this, plus I would really like to watch more up to date action.

So the other day I purchased my very first Video Option DVD.  I chose vol. 231 as it's the 2013 season opener of D1GP.


Right away I had the issue of it being a region 2 dvd since it's from Japan.  After striking out at the local stores trying to find a multi region dvd player I had a Facebook friend advise me to simply download VLC Player on my laptop and it would play without an issue.  So that's what I did, and it worked rather well.


Happy with it I sat down with the girlfriend and watched the whole thing that night.  This had me wanting more! So I set to looking at getting the remaining volumes along with the D1SL volumes.  I also started to look at Drift Tengoku DVDs and that's when I remembered Keiichi Tsuchiya's new serious "The Drift Muscle".  I set to looking those up and found that he's now working with Hot Version to produce those.  As I set to work on finding those I discovered something amazing!  Hot Version International on Vimeo!  They took the next step in the video/dvd world and are now starting to rent their DVD volumes on Vimeo, and not only are they doing that but they have included English subtitles in them!  It's fucking rad!  Totally worth checking out for anyone that's interested in killer Japanese drifting!


No comments:

Post a Comment