Sunday, March 23, 2014

Luke Stilley's S13 At Shiomi Garage

Last weekend I received a text from Travis telling me he had finished up the cage in Luke's S13.  Excited to see how it turned out I jumped in my car Sunday morning and set sail for Shiomi Garage to take pictures and make a finalized plan on when to bring the 510 up.

A quick drive north and I had arrived, this time there wasn't much snow in the driveway, and the temps were a lot better.  I rolled up to the place to find the coupe looking at me under a tarp, it had been moved around the driveway in preparations of being worked on next after Luke picked up his car.


Then before he made his way outside to greet me I took a quick look at the hatches sitting in the garage.


Soon enough Travis was outside and it was time to look the cage over and snap a couple shots.  Looking the cage over I was quick to notice it was designed just like his Sil80's cage, only Luke had opted to go with X bars instead of ladder bars.  I must say, it was a million times easier to climb in his car than climbing into mine.  Of course there weren't any seats in his car at the time, but I could still tell his will be much more simple to get in and out of.



Shortly after looking things over Luke had arrived with his trailer and it was time to move the car out in the daylight to prep loading it up.



I could see Luke was incredibly pleased with the cage, and like everyone else that's seen Travis's welds he was blown away by how amazing they were.  This then lead to Travis pointing out what he thought were flaws in 2 of his welds... Just to quickly specify for those that don't know, a flaw to him looks like something that was still done by a machine.  I don't understand how he see's them as flaws but I guess when you're that good at welding you can notice small differences that someone like myself would be none the wiser about.  Even Luke was baffled by how high of quality standards Travis holds himself up to.




Another happy customer for Shiomi Garage!  It's always nice to see people pleased with the work done from here.  

Now that Luke's car is all finished up it's time for the coupe to get some love and attention.  The tarps were removed and it was now ready to be pushed inside.


I'm excited to see how this thing turns out.  I helped push the car inside where Luke's car had been sitting, then went inside the house to talk about all sorts of cool things.  Before I knew it hours had passed and sadly it was time to leave.  Can't wait to see what's in store for my next journey up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment